Sexual Behavior Quiz
Note: Multiple choice questions may require more than 1 answer to be checked to be identified as correct.
1. What is the purpose of reproductive behavior?
2. Which of the following occur during the pre-copulatory phase of sexual behavior?
3. Which of the following occur during the copulatory phase of sexual behavior?
4. Which of the following occur during the post-copulatory phase of sexual behavior?
5. Prenatal steriod exposue effects adult sexual behavior patterns.
6. A boar is an example of a short copulator while the bull is an example of a long copulator.
7. A castrated cow would exhibit which of the following?
8. A castrated bull would exhibit which of the following?
9. Both the male and female are dependent on estradiol receptors in the brain to elicit normal sexual behavior.
10. The volmeronasal organ is involved in the male's detection of pheremones and the reason why the Flehmen response occurs in rams, bulls, and horses.
11. Cattle have been genetically selected for homosexual behavior.
12. Oxytocin is involved in the movement of sperm from the cauda epididymis to the colliculus seminalis in the process of emission.
13. It is relatively common to collect semen from a 10 month old bull.
14. In terms of the amount of sperm collected, a phantom or dummy mount is better than a live mount as the live one may move around alot and be unsafe for the male.
15. False mounts are used to increase the number of sperm collected in an ejaculate.
16. Within a male, an increase in the number of semen collections per week will result in fewer sperm/ejaculate but more sperm collected/week.
17. Which of the following semen extender components protect against cold shock.
18. Which of the following semen extender components protect against freezing and thawing damage (cryoprotectant).
19. Which of the following semen extender components buffer against pH changes due to sperm metabolism and contribute to the osmotic pressure of the extender.
20. Liquid semen is the term given to semen that is cooled but not frozen. Liquid semen is used extensively in the equine and porcine industries for artificial insemination.
21. It is OK to only keep a few inches of liquid nitrogen in a semen storage tank even if you go into it to get