Reproductive Cycles of the Female Review Quiz
1. Estrous referes to the length
of the cycle. For example 21 days in the bovine.
2. Estrus refers to the period
of time when a female is receptive to a male. For example, the bovine is
in estrus for 18 hours on the average.
3. Which of the following species
have polyestrus estrous cycles throughout the year? (check all that apply)
4. Which of the following species
are seasonally polyestrus? (check all that apply)
5. Which of the following species
are monestrous? (check all that apply)
6. Which of the following species
have estrous cycles that are 21 days in length. (check all that apply)
7. Which of the following species
ovulate after the end of estrus? (check all that apply)
8. The act of mating induces a
GnRH surge that triggers ovulation in the ferret, cat and camel.
9. The act of mating in the hamster,
mouse or rat causes the release of prolactin which maintains the corpus luteum.
10. During proestrus
11. During diestrus
12. During estrus in the cow
13. During proestrus which of
the following occur? (select all that apply)
14. During metestrus which of
the following occur? (check all that apply)
15. The length of estrus in the
cow is 18 hours while it is 6 - 8 days in the horse.
16. Which of the following is
the principle cause of gestational anestrus.
17. During the transition from
the non-breeding to breeding season in the ewe which of the following is
18. Lactational anestrus occurs
in the sow.
19. Decreased nutrition can cause
a reduction in GnRH pulse amplitude and frequency and thus causes anestrus.
20. The human menstrual cycle
is 21 days in length.
21. In the human, follicular growth
of antral follicles begins during which of the following times?
22. In the human, ovulation occurs
on day 10 of a normal mestrual cycle.
23. In an abnormal mestrual cycle,
which of the following phases most often changes in length.
24. Growth of the human endometrium
is initiated by increases of estrogen coming from growth of antral follicles.
25. Which of the following hormones
decrease to cause menses in the human? (check all that apply)
26. The length of the human mestrual
luteal phase is normally which of the following?