Pregnancy Loss and Parturition Review Quiz
1. You are making a presentation to a high school class on pregnancy and gestation. One of the students asks you what is the most likely cause for a pregnancy to fail. You respond that in your opinion it is failure of imprinting. Your answer indicates that you think failure of pregnancy occurs most during
2. Increased prenatal losses could be due to
3. The role of estrogen during parturition is to
4. The role of cortisol during parturition is to
5. In response to fetal stress at the end of gestation, which of the following is the first to occur?
6. The breaking of the water (breaking of the allantochorion) occurs during
8. During parturition, the role of oxytocin is to
9. Dystocia is anytime when there is a difficult birth.
10. The most common kind of dystocia is when a large fetus is present.
11. Uterine involution takes longer than an endocrine return to estrous cyclicity.
12. Dexamethazone can be used to induce parturition in most species.
13. Oxytocin can be used to induce parturition in the cow.
14. A retained placenta should be manually pulled on to remove it as soon as possible.