Pregnancy adn Fetal Development Review Quiz
1. Examples of the placental function of exchange are
2. Examples of the placental function of chemical protection are:
3. Acting as a shock absorber is a physical protection function of the placenta.
4. The transient production by the placenta of estrogen, progesterone, and placental lactogen are examples of an endocrine function of the placenta.
5. The fetal age can be estimated by
6. The uterus changes size during pregnancy by
7. Fetal ciruculation is different from adult circulation due to
8. A woman without ovaries, can maintain a pregnancy if given progesterone daily for the first 90 days of pregnancy.
9. A mare whom continually aborts before day 60 of pregnancy can be give progesterone up through day 120 of gestation to help maintain a pregnancy.
10. The length of gestation in the cow is
11. Increased litter size in pigs will result in individual baby pigs in the litter, being smaller in size or weight.
12. Which of the following are examples of enviornmental effects on fetal size?
13. Endometrial cups are important during pregnancy in the mare because they make
14. During the routine veterinary exam following parturition, a premature foal is described as having a ductus arteriosus that has not yet closed. This is a duct or shunt between the