Mitosis and Meiosis Review Quiz
1. During which of the following stages of the cell cycle are MPF levels increasing?
2. During mitosis, homologues at metaphase align along side of one another.
3. During meiosis, homologues at metaphase I, align across from one another.
4. During spermatogenesis, which of the following cell types divide by the process of meiosis?
5. During oogenesis, which of the following cell types divide by the process of mitosis?
6. Aneupoloidy causes Klienfelter's, Turner's and Down's Syndromes all result from anueploidy in the sperm or oocyte.
7. Which of the following trigger a cell to exit M phase?
8. A chiasma is where a cross over occurs and happens only during mieosis.
9. Homologous chromosomes are chromosomes that have the same kind of genes in the same order with one of the homologues derived from the father and the other from the mother.
10. After a chromosome has replicated in S phase, there are two chromatids.
11. Aneuploidy occurs during mitosis.
12. Anueploidy is present when there is N-1 or N+1 chromosomal content (non-disjunction) in a sperm or oocyte.
13. A teenage boy goes to the doctor for a physical and is observed to have small testis and external genitalia. The doctor suspects he may have Kleinfelter’s syndrome in which the individual would be XXY but the other chromosomes would be present at the normal complement. This is an example of