Luteal Phase amd Mestrual Cycles Review Quiz
1. Large luteal cells are derived
from theca interna cells.
2. Which of the following are
true with respect to the corpus luteum or corpus hemorrhagicum? (check all
3. Luteal insufficiency is related
to premature return to estrus or loss of a pregnancy.
4. Progesterone causes which of
5. The targets of progesterone
are which of the following? (check all that apply)
6. The molecular action of progesterone
on a target cell invovles which of the following? (select all that apply)
7. In the cow, a unilateral hysterectomy
ipsilateral to the CL will result in which of the following?
8. In the mare, an unilateral
hysterectomy ipsilateral to the CL will cause which of the following?
9. Cholesterol's role in the production
of progesterone is to
10. Which of the following are
true regarding the uterine luteolytic compound and luteolysis in the cow?
11. Why can oxytocin intiate luteolysis
on day 14 of the ewe estrous cycle but not on day 4? (select all that apply)
12. Which of the following are
true about the molecular mechanism by which prostaglandin affects luteal
cells. (select all that are true)
13. Luteolysis involves the mounting
of an immune response against the cells that form the corpus luteum.
14. In the primate, estrogen initiates
the growth of the endometrium followed by continued growth under the influence
of progesterone and estrogen. Menses is induced by the drop in both estrogen
15. Just like in the cow, the
human uterus releases prostaglandin that leads to regression of the corpus