Artificial Insemination Review Quiz
- Where is semen placed for artificial insemination in the cow, mare, sow and ewe?
- what factors can effect conception rate with AI?
- How successful is AI in cattle, sheep, pigs, mares and turkeys? Be sure to include reasons for your answer.
1. Spallenzani demonstrated that you could cool and freeze sperm and that upon rewarming, sperm were reactivated and could fertilize.
2. All commercial turkeys are bred through artificial insemination due to their inability to bred naturally.
3. The expansion of the swine artificial insemination industry has principally occurred in the US since the mid 1990's and is due to
a reduction in the number of boars (and thereby the cost) to breed the females
4. Which of the following are the basic objectives of artificial insemination?
5. Only about 50% of the sows in the US are bred using AI.
6. Which of the following are advantages of artificial insemination.
7. Which of the following are disadvantages of artificial insemination.